My 25.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you. (either that or i think you're capable of writing something that is worth reading)
1. my biggest achievement in life was to put on a 3 hour play and well, having the guts to strip on stage. (well, not totally.)
2. I love to act- I love to be someone else just for that period of time, to be someone whom I don't dare to be. Perhaps that explains my sensitivity to how people feel: I understand the meaning of "put yourself in other's shoes" perfectly
3. I never believe much in the 'selecting which chinese characters your kid's chinese name should have because you want them to be like that' till my dad admitted to me that he named me after famous actress Lin Qing Xia. (but he said, because she was pretty. HMMM..)
4. I thought I was damn talented in acting and drafted my thank you speech for the Star Awards ceremony when I was 12.
5. I did not give it much thought after I took NUS Module TS1101E. I realised that there were even more drama mamas than I ever imagined. how immature... well, at least I grew up.
6. "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages."- W.Shakespeare
But it still did not stop me to think of myself as an actress... we all are.
7. Taking a more religious view of acting, I remember reading about some quote that describes the view of life as a stage, and we are but actors for the pleasure of the gods to watch and to be entertained. can't find it while googling *shrugs
8. every Sunday during worship, I always wish that we could just worship God till eternity; that we did not have to stop worship to go home from church, to go to school (then)/ work (now), to eat, to bathe, to sleep.
Because I love to be in His presence- the peace, the love, the atmosphere- I can't describe it in words.
9. People question me about my faith in life and I get very irritated when they can't see my point of view. I find it so difficult to tell them how real God is to me; it is so hard to translate the joy and the peace I have to them in words.
10. But i learnt, about 2 or 3 years ago, that one really has to experience that life changing moment before understanding what I have been trying to tell them.
11. So I pray everyday- I pray that God will give them that moment to finally understand what it totally means to have the joy and peace I have.
12. All these points have been in my head swimming for eons, and I've wanted to write it down for a loooong time.
13. The reason as to why i've not been writing my thoughts down much these few months is because I usually forget what I really want to write about when I stare at the blank box in blogger.com.
And I get very frustrated then because I know i had a good one.
14. And this frustrations come back to me again when I have a thought in my head and I need to write it down but i'm without my lappie.
Do you understand how sick that feels?? urgh.
15. So right now, i have many things on my mind- so i'm writing them down now.
16. I haven't been writing or reading much in the last few months since i graduated, and i am darn sure my standard of english has dropped by quite a bit. and I am really quite pissed with myself over that. need to read and write more.
17. i hope Troy has recovered fully from her food poisoning yesterday. so that the 5 of us can finally meet soon. i'm looking forward to this reunion. :) i love you girls to bits. :) and i enjoyed my time with Celest yday! :) finaly a meeting without time restrictions. hahaha
18. back on that point of getting frustrated with not being able to write my thoughts down then and there, i need some digital gadget that allows me to do so. or maybe i should just take pen and paper lah. cheaper. -.-
19. I am currently annoyed with yong yong for watching slumdog without me.
20. i hope the company that i just applied for, will call me back. but even if they don't, I know there really is a better job waiting for me (better than pasting receipts too). All in His time :)
21. i'm currently thinking of adrian and xj- wonder if adrian made the snowman family of the 3 of us in London (which i doubt) and how many days xj has left in army.
22. i'm thinking of when my JC jie meis will finally have a reunion.. wonder when our miss diana chan aka the most busiest among all of us, is free. haha
23. I'm thinking how fast my uni days have passed-I'm thinking of my biz mates and my exchange pals. Business School was enjoyable because of you. I hope we'll all find good jobs and be great biz men and women in time to come. :)
24. I'm thinking about all the hall events that I took part in; i'm thinking about Siew wen, Winnie, Lian and Joyce as we run to each other's rooms and whine and whine and whine (haha); Sean and his resort, Guowei- my astro boy, haojie that he didn't send that email to invite me to supper but i still went anyway, and ronald sitting by the road with his beanie and gloves talking to Suzy the Sheep (i think about that all the time. HAHAHAHAHA).
25. I'm thinking of yong yong's valentine note, and that tear that slowly rolled down my cheeks as I watched him sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment